Please Wait Link Be Generate
Here are 5 important steps you need to follow to ensure you bank loan can be processed without problems:
1. Understand your preferencesBefore heading to your bank, check out loan packages online and see what competitors are offering. You need to be aware of what kind of loan you are looking for, the terms you can reasonably afford, and your goal for paying off the loan as fast as possible. If you are looking for a specific type of loan (auto, mortgage, personal) make sure you find the best deal for you. There may be many loan offers arriving in your mailbox, but check out the fine print before going further.
2. Ask questionsWhen you find the loan package you are most interested in, contact the bank directly to find out upfront what the requirements are for loan eligibility. You may need to make an appointment in person to discuss the necessary materials, documents, and timelines you will need to get started on the approval process. Banks have different requirements and it will be important to know what they are upfront so you can be prepared.
3. Know your limitationsIf you are pursuing a loan, you should already be aware of your credit history and current score. The bank should tell you the range of credit scores required for loan approval. Plan ahead and request a copy of your history and score several weeks prior to your application. Review your credit history for accuracy and give yourself time to correct any errors in your history report. Lenders today will rely heavily on your past usage of credit. If there are mistakes on your report, you may end up with a lower score which can hurt your chances of loan approval. Consider your financial limitations when planning for a loan. Apply for the loan based on your financial ability to make repayments you can afford.
4. Create a checklistBased on the information from the bank, it’s wise to create a checklist of the appropriate documentation needed for the loan application. It can take some time to secure the documents you need from creditors, your employer, and other financial resources. Incomplete applications can be cause for loan denial.
5. Have the right expectationsAgain, applying for a loan when you’re in a hurry is never a good idea. Loan officers have a certain protocol for approving a loan and getting you the money. During the process, make sure to discuss the sequence of events so you’ll have an idea of when to expect an answer. While some loans can be pre-approved upfront, the specifics may not be known until a few weeks have passed. Ask the loan officers for advice on following up. Your goal will be to secure a loan you have the means to repay. You may also need to outline the reasoning behind the loan. If it’s a personal loan, the lender might want to know how you plan to use the cash, for example, you may need it for home improvements or debt reduction. The loan process can be a frustrating one and if the loan you applied for is not approved, the lender may provide the specific reasoning behind the denial. It can be dangerous to your credit to continually apply for just any loan you think you may be able to get. Too many loan applications can ruin your credit and obliterate your chances of securing one in the near future.
Note, prior to borrow money in the bank note the following
- consider your financial ability to repay
- Make sure you are not late in installments, some banks provide a high enough interest for delay
- make sure you choose a loan to the bank with credible rating
- Do not borrow beyond capital requirements you need
Source : Forbes